Wednesday, July 24, 2013

FREEBIES in Therapy...


I don’t know about you guys, but I am frugal I am always looking for cheap and free things to add into speech and language therapy.
 
Lakeshore Learning has great, great products for language and literacy development, and I was lucky enough to be able to purchase MANY of the literacy boxes when I first started at one of my schools. 
 
They also have some great digital downloads for vocabulary and....
duh du duh...   
Lakeshore Learning offers free printables.  They always have a monthly writing prompt set up in a calendar format.  I have sent this home as homework in speech and language therapy and used in group, not for writing but as EXPRESSIVE LANGUAGE TASKS.  Having the students tell their answers.  Hey and you can’t beat free.  Click the pictures below for the links

They also are offering this month Fables, Folk Tales, and myths
 
Fables, Folk Tales and Myths
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Use these to study the common core concepts and then have a great little discussion with the "LET'S TALK ABOUT IT" section.  Send this home as well to get parents talking about "wh" questions, vocabulary, inference, predicting, and sequencing. 
 
CHECK OUT THEIR PIN IT TO WIN CONTEST TO WIN $250 E-GIFT CARD....
Enter our Back to School Pin to Win Contest!
Please Join my blog and tell your friends as well. 
~Alicia~
 

No comments: